Learn How The Fine Print of Self-Publishing Will Save You Time & Money—Guaranteed
When it comes to self-publishing there are no guarantees, except this one: The Fine Print of Self-Publishing will help you navigate the indie publishing landscape better and armed with more insider knowledge than any other book you’ll read on the subject.
Since 2004, the five prior editions of The Fine Print have consistently been one of the best selling books about self-publishing. Plus, my 15 years as an indie author and 10 years as CEO of a book publishing company help make The Fine Print a book that I hope you’ll put on your self-publishing reading list. If you don’t love the book, just email me and I’ll refund 100% of the money you paid to buy it.
Here’s what you’ll find inside the 2016-2017 edition:
- Side-by-side comparisons of 30 major self-publishing companies reviewed like CreateSpace, IngramSpark, BookBaby, AuthorHouse and more, detailing:
- The royalty amounts each publisher pays you for print and ebook sales from resellers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- How much each publisher marks up book printing (it’s eye-opening!)
- Which companies return your original production files and which ones won’t
- The do’s and don’ts of publishing your book
- How to determine what those self-publishing company contracts are really saying.
- A self-publishing checklist (from manuscript through distribution)
- 10 characteristics all top self-publishing companies have in common. A book marketing checklist
- Details about ebook publishing, file conversion, distribution and royalties
- The pros and cons of DIY publishing platforms like CreateSpace, Ingram Spark, and Smashwords and examples of how my book looked after being formatted by these companies.
- Plus, easy-to-read charts that provide an apples-to-apples comparison of all 30 companies on book printing fees for various print volumes (1-500), author ebook and print royalties, the return policies for book production files.
Added Bonus: If you make it all the way to the “Conclusion” you’ll discover how to get a free 30-minute publishing consultation where we can discuss your book, your publishing plans, companies you’re considering working with, or any other question you have about self-publishing.